.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 29, 2008

 

Monthly Update-What's New

Hi there,
A couple of new cool stuff happened since the last post. First is with our family. Our daughter, Callista, took her first step last week. She was 9.5 months old! It was really cool to watch. It was interesting too, because she really didn't realize what she had done. She had been balancing for a few weeks, with no hand-holds, for short time periods. She could also take steps with someone holding her hands, but it wasn't until last week that she actually put one step forward. Callie has since taken a few more steps-one at a time-and I am sure she will be walking soon. It is always very exciting to watch all of her developments, but first-steps are one of the big developments are extra special.
Another new item in our lives is that I, Dean, have been appointed a deacon at our church. I have already been assigned the duties of Assistant Treasurer for my first year of three. The progression goes: 1st yr Assist Treas., 2nd yr Treas., 3rd yr Head of Finance Committee. This does make me a little nervous since this is my first time, but I am sure it will be fine also.
Lastly, I have completed two full classes for my MBA degree. I officially received A's in both. This is way better than I ever accomplished in my undergrad. Needless to say, I am very excited about this. I think I received better grades partially because of taking one class at a time, and partially because I can relate work experiences to class and vice versa.
All in all, life has been great lately, and our family praises and thanks God for His blessings

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?