.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 28, 2008

 

April Update

Well, almost two months have passed; it seems like time flies. I am very busy at work on the pig farm. For those who have not heard yet, I am working as an accountant on a large pig farm, so I am not getting to smelly or dirty. It is a tough business right now with corn-based ethanol fuel driving up the prices of corn. We feed mostly corn to our pigs, and since corn as doubled in just over a year, it is really difficult to feed our pigs and stay in business. There is hope on the horizon, which is great, it just takes awhile for our economy to adjust in our free enterprise market.

I had to fix my old car this weekend. I have a Mercury Sable 1997, with 164,000 miles. It has been a very good car for the most part, probably due to it being a family/grandparent car and that they made so many of them also in Ford Taurus form. I was driving along and my speedometer quit, then power steering, and then the transmission wouldn't shift smoothly. After talking with my brother, who happens to be an auto-technician, he said it was a speed sensor. The good part was that it was a $35 part, and my brother would fix it for me. The bad part was that it had rusted in place and we couldn't even pound it out with a hammer. We limped it to my brother's workplace where he used an air-hammer to knock it loose. Then he simply pulled it out and slid the new one in. It is a good thing I have a nice brother like that, because otherwise the labor bill would've been skyrocket high. Plus, I can trust him.

Over and out for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?