.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Cars-Is Small Worth it?


Hi,
Cars are a huge research hobby of mine. I love reading about them; I currently subscribe to Motor Trend and also Road & Track. Unfortunately, most of these cars I will never be able to afford, but it is fun to see what they are capable of. Recently, however, many of the new cars are small, gas mizers, and affordable. There is the Honda Fit, Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, and Smart ForTwo. But, are these small cars worth buying? My first thought was yes, but now I am not so sure. What I have noticed is that the biggest reason for buying small cars-economy-is not such a virtue anymore. Actually, one can buy the next size up car and still get the same gas MPG, and have more space for people and stuff, and possibly have a trunk. Me personally, I do not like cars that look like station wagons, so most of these small cars and hatch-backs are out. If they achieved some amazingly cool gas MPG, then maybe I would choose different? Of note, the Smart ForTwo can be parallel parked facing straight-out facing the street because it is so extremely short. I think that is the only redeeming factor besides resembling a cute factor of a roller skate.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?