.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

 

Couch Burning Party/IT's Been Awhile






Hi all, sorry that it has been so long since I last posted. I have much to update you all on, but first I will start with the couch burning party. This couch started with Hoekema-or Hooch- who I believe got the couch from a grandparent or relative. It spent time in his dorm room with Vos-or Yoshi-then the following year with Miller and Pruitt, then the next year with myself, Hoort, and Miller. Then it stayed with HOekema leaving the Calvin COllege years to different apartment complexes over the last 4 years or so until Hoort decided it was time for a couch funeral. Hoort's dad said it would be alright to burn it at the famous Hoort campfire pit. (Hoort's dad was a fireman for awhile if that helps explain the joy of big fires in the Hoort family). So we had a few people over to Hoort's parents' home and started a fire. We also had some throwing knives and tried that and a frisbee golf contest, which Guamo won. Hoort cooked up the brats on the grill(not the fire) and we had a fun time with friends. However, when the couch was put on the fire we had to momentarily leave our comfortable seats because of the intense heat! Hope you enjoy the pics!

Comments:
considering it was night time, those pictures turned out pretty well I think
 
Update on the trip to Philly too!
 
Yes, I do think that the pics turned out very good. And, English, I will post soon about our mission trip to Philly. I have to first download pics to my flash drive, then you can see us working also. Soon...
 
Nice pics. Mind if I steal them for my collection? =)
 
Go for it Guamo. Hoort already did. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?